- -Mika Zibanejad continues to impress with Jason Spezza on the sidelines. That line with Mika, Cory Conacher and Milan Michalek is clicking right now and playing the game with terrific pace. Going to be really interesting to see what MacLean does when Jason Spezza is ready to return. Right now, three of the four lines are finally clicking and the Coach will have to be careful with chemistry. Perhaps a line of Pageau-Spezza-Stone could work?
- -Cody Ceci and Marc Methot drew shutdown duties last night, matched up against the Jets big line of Andrew Ladd, Bryan Little and Blake Wheeler. Those three have been dangerous for the Jets this season but were held pointless last night. Crazy how far Cody Ceci has come in just 11 games. There are times when it looks like Paul MacLean trusts him more than any other defender.
- -Heck of a play by Bobby Ryan turning the puck over on the Clarke MacArthur goal. A great example of how it may not look like Ryan is flying around the ice sometimes but he just has a way of being in the right spot. Having some of the best hands in the league doesn’t hurt either. Speaking of Ryan, how was there no call on that hit from behind? Yes Ryan turned on the play but Keeton Ellerby did not let up at all and came from a long way to finish the hit.
- -The Montreal Canadiens are up next on Saturday night at the Bell Centre. Fortunate enough to attend that one in person. Any other Senators fans making the trip?
- -Lastly, yesterday we were informed that one of our own- “Snoopy Senior” passed away in November. Snoopy Senior was a long time supporter of this site and always brought much needed energy and optimism to the comment section. If there was ever a day where I was slacking a bit on the Game Day post, Snoopy was always the first to let me know. It’s strange how you can get to know someone without ever meeting them but that’s the reality of the community we have created here. The comment section certainly won’t be the same without Snoopy Senior around.