The reality of a long off season is really beginning to hit home.
Still another two months till the draft and at least a few weeks before the Sens make a move on the club’s next head coach. Even in the quite times, there are still a few things we can talk about to pass the time.
- With last night’s elimination of the Buffalo Sabres, another potential head coach target has wrapped up his season. The Sabres have been vocal about bringing back their long time bench boss but if he was to hit the market, I can confirm he would be the Ottawa Senators number one choice. I really doubt the Sens would be alone in their pursuit.
- Sens prospect Jared Cowen has his Spokane Chiefs in the Western Conference final in the WHL playoffs. The Chiefs are taking on the Portland Winterhawks with the series currently tied up at 1-1. Cowen has been a star for the Chiefs, racking up 11 points in 13 playoff games.
- David Rundblad and Jakob Silfverberg will both play for Sweden at the World Championships that are just getting underway.
- Really gotta feel for former- Senator Chris Campoli. His errant pass led to the Game 7 overtime winner last night from Alex Burrows. He had played some pretty good hockey for the Hawks in his brief time there but will unfortunately for Campoli, a majority of Hawks fans will associate him with that mistake.
- Couple more Game 7′s tonight in Pittsburgh and Boston. If the Bruins lose on home ice to the Habs, you would have to think Claude Julien’s job could be on the line. Should be another exciting night of playoff hockey.
- It’s a little off topic but the performers for Ottawa Bluesfest were announced last night. Looks like a terrific line up. You can check out the full list of performers here.
- The Binghamton Senators play Game 1 of their series with the Portland Pirates tonight. The club is hoping to have top scorer Corey Locke back in the line up for tonight’s game. Puck drop is at 7:00 PM with all the action available live on the Team1200 and maybe a stream if we’re lucky.
- On the subject of the Binghamton Sens- SensChirp, along with the RSU and UltimateTours has organized a road trip to Bingo for this coming Saturday. $90 gets you a ride there and back, a ticket to the game, and access to some cool Sens prizes. Click here to reserve your spot!