As I mentioned on Twitter earlier this morning, the Ottawa Senators have begun the process of trimming down their training camp roster and sent six players back to their junior teams.
Jordan Fransoo, Jakub Culek, Stefan Noesen, Matt Puempel, Mark Stone and Matej Machovsky are among the first group of cuts.
It's unfortunate that only Stone had a chance to get in to an exhibition game but there is no need to rush any of them. The club wants to make sure that these guys are playing as much as possible this time of year and they have a better chance to do that with their junior teams.
The Sens are now left with 53 players in camp.
- Shane Prince, who will end up in Junior this season, will remain in camp for at least another day. He could see action tomorrow against the Bruins
- Mentioned this on Twitter as well but I have been told that the club is considering voiding the voting results of recent Vote the Sens Goal Song contest. Probably the right move. Just a good idea gone bad.
- Sounding like a broken record here, but I do apologize for the issues with the site. Working hard to make sure everything is ready to go in time for the regular season. In the meantime, I encourage you to email your suggestions/issues/concerns to email@example.com. It will help us find out exactly what the problem is.
- Keep an eye out for a contest for two tickets to the preseason game against the Bruins at some point tonight or tomorrow! The tickets are courtesy of friend of SensChirp, Mike McCarthy. He's also the guy to see for all your ticket needs and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Sens need our help! Head over to the Facebook page and fight the movement Leafs fans have started to vote Nickleback as the new goal song. Go with the Black Keys!