The title of this article may be a bit of a stretch.
As we sit in the middle of August, there really isn’t a whole lot of news or notes that are Ottawa Senators related. With that said, Junior training camps are open and there are a handful of Sens prospects that are involved. Here is a quick recap on that front and a couple other points of interest.
- Mark Stone and Matt Puempel both participated in the Team Canada summer camp. I didn’t hear a whole lot about the performance of Puempel but Stone has been drawing some rave reviews. Stone was a force in the two Red & White games, racking up four goals in the two games. The team will invite 35 players to the December camp. Stone has to be on that list.
- Stefan Noesen and Shane Prince have bother survived the first round of cuts at Team USA’s summer camp. Leafs first round pick Tyler Biggs was not so lucky. Team USA will still make more cuts, with 29 players remaining on their roster.
- Mika Zibanejad and Fredrik Claesson are both at Team Sweden’s camp although Zibanejad has yet to suit up for any of the exhibition games.
- The Sens will play their annual Rookie Tournament from September 10-13 in a tourny that will also feature rookies from Pittsburgh, Chicago and Toronto. The roster should be announced at some point in the next couple of weeks.
- Tickets for the preseason, home opener and 3/5 Game Flex Packs go on sale tomorrow at 10:00 AM. You have to think tickets for the Wild/Sens season opener will go quickly so don’t miss out on your chance. Go here to find out more information.
- Working on setting up a poll so that we can vote on the winner of the SensChirp Search. I have an idea who my favourite was but I want to poll the readers to see if we are all on the same page. Still aiming for a winner by the end of this week.
I realize none of this really classifies as earth shattering news but it’s as good as we can expect at this time of year. Just about a month until training camp!