The Ottawa Senators coach has been officially underway since the moment they announced Cory Clouston would not return behind the bench. With that said, things are really expected to ramp up beginning early next week.
According to a couple different sources, one name you can apparently cross off the list is that of Pete DeBoer.
Considered to be a lead candidate last time around, DeBoer opted for the Florida job and I get the sense there are still some hard feelings over that decision. There has been plenty of talk among media and in the blogosphere but I can only go off what I have been told; the Sens next head coach will not be Pete DeBoer.
- Every Sens representative at the World Championships has moved on to the qualification round. Spezza and the rest of Team Canada take on the Americans at 10:00 AM this morning.
- Top prospect Jared Cowen will be in the line up tonight when the BSens take on Portland in Game 6 of their series. Lehner was pulled from the last game but I would expect he gets the start tonight. Here’s hoping the Sens can close that series out with a win tonight and we can start planning another bus trip to Bingo.
- A quick update on the site design. Still working on a few tweaks and exploring the possibility of some bigger changes which could include a new layout (full blog on the home page) and a new colour scheme
- Thanks to some shrewd Tampa Bay Lightning selections, HarryP has jumped out to the lead in the SensChirp pool. He’s in good shape heading into the conference finals but pickmathieuchouinard isn’t far behind. Hope to have a prize in place at some point next week.
- The NHL Entry Draft is now just over a month away. Spoke with a quality source recently who insisted that a trade up to grab Gabriel Landeskog is a definite possibility on draft day.